Happy 2017 Rebel Readers! We hope you all had a wonderful, relaxing break, preferably full of warm socks and good books.
The beginning of a new year is a time at which many of us get a little self-reflective, asking “How can I be better?”
The answer, of course, is by reading!
We’ve put together a list of some of our favorite reading challenges. Whether you want to read more or expand the kinds of books you’re reading, there’s a reading challenge for you:
- Goodreads Reading Challenge: Set the number of books you want to read this year, and allow Goodreads to track your progress.
- BookRiot’s Read Harder Challenge: With items like “read a young adult by a LGBTQ+ author”, “read a book set more than 5000 miles from your hometown”, or “Read a superhero comic with a female lead”, this challenge is great if you’re already an avid reader who wants to, well, read harder.
- The Rory Gilmore Reading Challenge: Perfect for anyone who binged A Year in the Life over break.
- Rock & Roll Reading Challenge: Learn the stories behind the songs.
- Epic Reads Banned Books: Okay, so this one technically isn’t a challenge. Epic Reads lists eight frequently banned or challenged YA books (which we happen to have at the South library, nudge nudge), which make an excellent, very manageable reading list.
So what are your reading resolutions for 2017? Let us know in the comments?